The infographic below outlines the history of infographics as a form of digital content.
- An infographic presents deep data in a simple and visual format
- Infographics make it easy for people to understand complex data and information
- It’s estimated that infographics started around 25,000 years ago in Serra da Capivara
- William Playfair invented the time-series line graph, pie chart, and bar chart
- Interactive infographics take static graphics and add engaging factors that improve the user experience
- Infographics are an efficient way to tell large, complex stories in a quick manner