This infographic explains how IoT is defining patient engagement,benefits and challenges to Iot.
- IoT is any connected device which may aid in communication ,collection and care to deliver better patient outcomes.
- Patient engagement is about personalized medicine.
- Enable.empower and engage are the three Es of engagement in healthcare.
- The IoT market is expected to grow from $32 billion in 2015 to $173 billion by 2020,at a compound annual growth rate of 38.1%.
- In US,about 3.3m fitness trackers were sold by 2014.
- Preventive treatment,personalized medicine,and reduced costs are the benefits of IoT.
- Some challenges to IoT are lack of awareness,privacy & security,data interoperability,and strict regulatry requirements.